|First Impressions Are Lasting|
Make a "Good First Impression".
- Does your home have a good "curb appeal" to a buyer driving the area?
- Do you need some colorful plants, or some landscaping fill-ins?
- Does your lawn need to be trimmed or edged? Is your lawn free of refuse.
- Is the front walkway swept? Remember, the front door greets the prospective buyer. Make sure that it is fresh and clean.
|Let the Sun Shine In|
Arrange shade of drapes to give maximum light. Turn every light on, even during the day. Replace all burned out bulbs. Let them see how cheerful your home can be.
|Small Repairs Make A Big Difference|
Loose knobs, sticking and squeaking doors and windows, warped cabinet drawers, badly cracked plaster and other minor flaws detract from home value. Have them fixed. Many buyers believe there will be ten problems they have not noticed for every one they do see.
|Paint For A Quick Sale|
Faded walls and worn woodwork reduce appeal. You cannot find a better investment when you are selling a house than a few cans of paint.
|Make Closets Look Bigger|
Neat, well ordered closets show space. Remove all unnecessary accumulations from closets, garage and all rooms. Remove excess furniture. Your home will appear much larger than it actually is.
|Is Your Age Showing?|
Sometimes minor redecorating is recommended if certain elements of your home are out dated or tired looking. Dark wood, shag carpet, foil and flock wallpaper, etc. can be a turnoff even when the rest of your house is terrific. Vito Dentino Agency can suggest inexpensive and effective ideas to bring you a better sales price.
|Pride Of Ownership Sells|
Cleanliness attracts buyers. Put sparkle in your home and it will pay off. For special showings and open houses, colorful fresh flowers give a special touch and show the pride you have in your home.
|Show Off Your House|
- Get rid of clutter
- Arrange furniture for an open feeling; too much furniture makes a room look smaller
- Flowers and plants add pretty touches to rooms
- Kitchen counter tops should be free from clutter; put small appliances out of sight
- Remove the "artwork" from the refrigerator door
- Clean fingerprints from light switches and woodwork
- A quick coat of paint works wonders.
- Organize the closets and cabinets; they will look bigger
- Bathrooms and kitchens should be sparkling clean
- Clean away mold and mildew from around bathroom tile and fixtures
- Clean Air-Conditioner Duct
- Clean carpet and deodorize
- Fix loose doorknobs, drippy faucets, torn screens, etc.
- Remove pet, cigarette, and cooking odors with Potpourri, Air spray, Bake bread or Cookies.
|There's A Crowd|
Buyers prefer privacy when shown through a house. Whenever possible, never stay in your house with potential buyers. That includes pets as well. The buyer will feel more relaxed. If it is necessary for you or your family members to stay, do not discuss terms, price etc. Silence is golden. Be courteous and only answer questions when asked. Do not force conversation, stay away from the buyer. Apologies should never be made for any adverse conditions in your home. It only emphasizes the defects. Let the agent handle any objections or answering any questions.
Let the agent know where you can be reached and anytime you will be available for showing presentations. Our agent will always call you with as much notice as they are given. If you need to change time, just call the office. In emergencies you can ALWAYS reach Vito Dentino Agency at any day and hour.
|Things to do just before your property is shown|
- Open blinds, drapes and shades - let the light in
- Turn lights on, especially in dark areas such as hallways and baths.
- Turn on air conditioning so house temperature is comfortable
- Open bedroom and bathroom doors
- Turn off the TV
- Turn the loud music off; soft music on very low is nice
- Make sure the beds are made
- Dishes should be done
- Keep toilet seats closed
- Everything should be neat, clean and uncluttered
- Keep pets outside or out of the way
- And you, the Seller, should walk outside or run an errand. Buyers are more likely to share their true feelings without the Seller being present.
|Feel free to contact Vito Dentino Agency if you have any questions.|